Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Bamboo repository, change detection, include files

Hi, I want my Bamboo build plan to pick up changes to a specific subdirectory of my Bitbucket server repository, but it does not ever trigger a build.

The repository structure is:

/
base/
app1/
app2/

I have a build plan per subdirectory. The patterns I've tried are:

base/.*
^base/.*
/base/.*
^/base/.*

I've also tried the above, escaping the slashes '/' with a backslash '\'. No luck.

I've seen an examples document and several other community questions on the subject, but it is not clear whether the file names start with '/', or what I could be  missing.

Product versions:

• Bamboo 6.3.0 build 60304
  • Bitbucket v5.6.1

Thanks in advance!

3 answers

Documentation around this topic is very bad, In one place they tell you to use something like `foo.bar/**` and in the inline help of the field they tell you to use Java regex patterns where `**` is not allowed.

In order to detect only the changes in a particular sub-directory of your repo the regex should look something like `subdir\/.*`.

Cheers.

PS: I cannot believe that in this day and age Markdown is not supported for comments.

Oh that's cool. This is such underloved problem that in the meantime my company migrated away to different CI 🙃

Same, but different problem here. The build is triggered every single time no matter what I put in `File pattern` while using `Include only changes that matches`. The build happens every time.

Jeyanthan I Atlassian Team Apr 23, 2020

Could it be that the commit message has some extra special characters that are not visible and is escaping from the regular expression?

Perhaps enabling DEBUG to this class might reveal more information in your server log.

com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager=DEBUG
com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.events=DEBUG
com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.branch=ALL
com.atlassian.bamboo.build.strategy=DEBUG

Cheers,
Jey

0 votes

Hi Alejandro! 

Regarding docs: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-18487

About options really has been written:  https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo0603/git-938868551.html https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo0603/_planrepositoryincludeexcludefilesexamples-938868266.html

1. BTW, what do you think create 1 plan with condition using 

git diff --name-only <commit1> <2commit>

Therefore you plan can be more complicated but include different scenarios. 

2.  Or let's try you use git sub modules. :) Hence you can forget conditions for your triggers.

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events