Bamboo remote agent : AIX

Andrei [errno] Community Champion Dec 07, 2011

does anyone run Bamboo remote agents in AIX? do you have any pointers on setting it up? mostly I am wondering if IBM JDK 1.6 might give us problems or is it something else.

thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I successfully ran Bamboo agent on IBM i (on Power) with IBM JDK in PASE/AIX environment a couple of years ago. No significant issues. Don't have any projects that need that now, so it is not active anymore.

Bob,

We are running into the following exception when attempting to start the agent with IBM's JDK on AIX. Do you recall what version of Bamboo you were on when you had the agent running on AIX?

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'processService' defined in class path resource [applicationContextCommon.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: java/util/concurrent/TimeUnit.HOURS
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: java/util/concurrent/TimeUnit.HOURS
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.process.ProcessServiceImpl.<clinit>(ProcessServiceImpl.java:37)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
	at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:196)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:522)

This looks like a problem with Java 1.5 - make sure you are indeed running it on 1.6 .

Thanks Przemek - we'll look into that

It was bamboo 2.1.1 using JAVA 1.5. I think we continued to run it up to bamboo 2.5.

Thanks Guys for all your input - we have now confirmed that it was a JDK version problem. We are now successfully runing the agent on AIX using IBM's JDK 6...
This widget could not be displayed.

Officially AIX and the IBM JDK is unsupported. We haven't tested on this combination before so it may or may not work - best give it a go and report back here :)

Hi @James Dumay [At  I was able to install the remote agent. But it stops after each build and I am unable to restart using bamboo-agent.sh script. I am using version 5.13.1. Please help me .
Thanks

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

63 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you