It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bamboo package .WAR file and deploy Edited

Hi all, 

Would someone be able to tell me if it is possible to package a website (stored in Bitbucket) into a .WAR file and deploy it to a tomcat server using Bamboo? This seems like the perfect job for Bamboo, but I cant figure out how to get it to build something that is just a basis website. 

EDIT: I have been trying with Maven 3 and ANT. 

Much appreciated 

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Connor,

Thanks for your question!

I know I am replying a bit too late but if you have not got the answer yet then it might help you here.

Your problem seems to be very basic which indeed is a perfect job for Bamboo to do. I would say below could the flow as per my knowledge:

1. have your code in Bitbucket and link this repository to Bamboo for polling the changes and triggering builds.

2. When using Maven you have to make sure that the packaging is set to war, something like this:

<groupId>com.atlassian</groupId>
<artifactId>demoServ</artifactId>
<packaging>war</packaging>
<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

This will make sure that when Maven is used to build the code the war package is generated.

3. Bamboo should be having the below tasks in sequence:

3.1 -- Source Code Checkout

3.2 -- Maven (To build the code and produce the war file)

3.3 -- JUnit or any other tests task for your test cases if you have any

3.4 -- Artifact Definition (Name: War | Location: target | Copy Pattern: **/*.war | Shared: Ture) 

The above will generate the war file

4. Have a deployment plan linked to this build plan with the tasks in the respective environments:

4.1 -- artifact download (to download the shared war artifact)

4.2 -- Deploy tomcat application (set your tomcat settings here)

4.3 -- Reload your tomcat to make the changes take effect.

Hope this will help. Let me know if a more detailed explanation is required.

Thanks,

Robhit

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Unable to add or edit Bitbucket Cloud repository in Bamboo

On 31 May, a GDPR-related change went live in the Bitbucket Cloud API that resulted in users not being able to create or edit Bitbucket Cloud Linked repositories in Bamboo. This API update removed t...

665 views 2 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you