Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo omitting stage from plan on branch build

Damien May 21, 2014

For some reason bamboo is ommiting a stage from my plan on a particular branch. The other branches using this plan are all executing this stage. I only have one plan configured(evaluating). I'm not sure why this is happening and haven rooted around the various congiuration screens and online I cannot figure it out. Can anyoe give me some guidance?

5 answers

1 vote
John Andrew July 31, 2017

Solved (for me):

Find a build of the branch that /did/ build the stage/job

click on that job

Actions > Enable job

et voila!  Somehow (I've no idea how) the job was disabled for this branch, finding it on the branch and then enabling it again, worked.

Only posting this to share with the community.

ramimuurimaki May 8, 2019

Yes, this did the trick. Wonder why the job was disabled...

0 votes
Amanda Culver July 31, 2017

Solved (for me):

Find a build of the branch that /did/ build the stage/job

click on that job

Actions > Enable job

et voila!  Somehow (I've no idea how) the job was disabled for this branch, finding it on the branch and then enabling it again, worked.

0 votes
Deleted user January 26, 2015

Also seeing this behaviour Bamboo 5.7.2 build 5716 - 02 Dec 14

The Build plan and all but one branch is listing and running all Tasks and jobs. One branch only is not showing the Test stage containing 2 jobs. The other 3 branches + master are all showing all Plan stages.

The agents all have capability to run both jobs in the stage.

Nothing in the Bamboo logs indicating any issues.

Cheers,

Banos.

0 votes
Jeff Silverman December 19, 2014

Damien, was this ever resolved? If so, how? We appear to be experiencing a nearly identical issue.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

Hi d daly,

What does this stage do in your plan?

Which jobs does this stage contain?

Is it a manual stage?

Best regards,

Peter

Damien May 21, 2014

Hi Peter,

It runs a DB script and its an automatic stage. This should be the first stage of the build. It does not show up as a stage for the build in the left hand "Stages and Jobs" menu on the affected branch build reports. Other branches build it shows up in this menu.

For the first 10 builds of this branch this stage showed up and was executed.

Regards,

Damien

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2014

Hi Damien,

It sounds like somebody actually removed the stage from the branch build plan.

Are you the only one with access to the server?

Best regards,

Peter

Damien May 21, 2014

Hi Peter,

Yes I am the only one with access to the server. The plan is still configured with that stage.

I am wondering now if it is tied to the 10 job limit as this is a new branch and bamboo arbitrarily limits a plans jobs when you only have a partial quota left. I have hit my 10 job limit.

Regards,

Damien

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2014

Hi Damien,

That will probably be the origin of your problem.

I can't really thing about anything else that might have caused this kind of behaviour.

Unless you've disabled the stage or you set certain requirements for the jobs in the stage that don't match any of you configured agents.

Best regards,

Peter

Damien May 21, 2014

Hi Peter,

I think this is the origin of the issue. It's strange behaviour for liscense limitations and some form of a notification would be benfical.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Damien

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events