Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo not triggering build when code pushed to stash

Aakash Basnet April 14, 2015

I have a Bamboo build Plan configuration with following settings in Linked Repositories:

Selected Stash server as the Repository host and make sure Branch is set to master for each repository.

Now my problem is whenever I created a branch say (feature) write a code and push the changes to stash it doesn't trigger the build, I had also included trigger type as poling of repository for changes

Since Branch is set to master is the build only against master branch? does it means that when we merge back to master then it trigger the build?

How do I trigger the build for any branches, whenever there is change in repository? the build should trigger automatically for changes in repository doesn't matter whatever may be the branch.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Aakash Basnet April 14, 2015

Thanks Joe Clark,

If so does the build trigger automatically when I merge any branch to master since I have linked the repositories and set the branch as master.

What will be the configuration look like if I want to trigger the build against Develop and master branch only but not for other branch. Actually I have a plan branch enabled but it triggers build for all branches detected, I only want to trigger the build against two branch only.

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2015

Any time you merge a branch to master, the main build plan will detect new commits on the master branch and trigger a new build. In the plan branches configuration, there is an area where you can supply a regexp pattern for matching against the branch name. The branch build will only be created if the branch name matches the regexp.

Aakash Basnet April 16, 2015

thank you very much Joe Clark, one quick queston?? I are planning to move with Gitflow branching model. and I had configured a Bamboo build plan with plan branch enable. Is this plan appropriate for this branching model? What is the best plan we can have for GitFlow branching model.

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

That's correct - each build plan in Bamboo is configured to poll for changes against a single repository branch.  If you want to automatically launch new builds for feature branches, then you can configure plan branches in Bamboo to automatically create new build plans as new branches are detected.  The documented on how to do this is here:https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+plan+branches

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events