Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo not triggering build for branches when code is pushed to stash

SheshaChandra August 27, 2019

I have a bamboo plan with linked repositories and the builds are triggered with Remote Trigger. The builds are kicked off whenever a code is pushed to stash.  

Now, I created 2 more branches in the plan as feature1 and feature2.  Both the branches are sharing the same repositories and trigger as master. Whenever the code is pushed into stash, I see that a build is kicked off in all the plans which is as expected. 

From past few days, I'm seeing an issue where a build is kicked off for the master  and feature1 and not for feature2 branch. The feature2 branch is not detecting the changes from stash where as feature1 and master detects the changes and a build will be kicked off. When I kickoff a manual run for the feature2 branch I can see the commits(under commits tab). 

WorkAround -> If the bamboo is restarted the issue will be resolved but I hit the same issue after few days. And we don't want to restart the bamboo every time we see this issue. 

Can anyone suggest a solution for this problem or a better workaround?

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 vote
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2019

Hi @SheshaChandra ,

If you want to troubleshoot the issue, you need to identify:

If you are using Bamboo and Stash (Bitbucket Server), you should be considering replacing your repository configuration in Bamboo from Git to Bitbucket Server. By doing it so, you would benefit from Application Link between the two application.

When you create a plan that uses a Bitbucket Server repository as Host, Bamboo uses the 'Bitbucket repository triggers the build when changes are committed' trigger option by default. If the plan already exists, you need to configure the trigger manually.

In other words, when a commit is made to your repository in Bitbucket Server, Bitbucket will check if there is an Application Link with Bamboo. If so, it will get the URL defined in the application and send a POST event to Bamboo notifying it about changes in repository.

If Bamboo has a plan that consumes the repository in question and the trigger 'Bitbucket repository triggers the build when changes are committed' is defined, Bamboo will act on the event received triggering a new build (if configuration is met).

Just for the record, what is the Bitbucket Server (formerly Stash) and Bamboo versions you are running? This information helps on narrowing down issues ;)

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events