Bamboo mysql driver issues

Lukas Haigner April 8, 2018

I want to connect Bamboo with my mysql database, I followed the instructions and he still didn't detected the mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar in the library Folder. The installation folder is /opt/atlassian/bamboo-2.

All library folders didn't worked for me:
./atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/lib
./atlassian-bamboo/repositoryScripts/lib
./atlassian-bamboo/layout/setup/lib
./atlassian-bamboo/lib
./scripts/lib
./lib
./tools/apache-maven-3.5.0/lib
./tools/byteman/lib

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your question!

What error are you seeing in the logs?

Can you give a try to the following steps:

• Ensure that the MySQL connector is not available in any Bamboo directory except in "/opt/atlassian/bamboo-2/lib". Your connector should reside only in this directory.
  • Kill any running Instance of the Bamboo.
  • Restart and see if it helps.

Thanks,

Robhit

Hi Robhit,

There're no errors in the logs and it still doesn't work. There's no "Loading mysql driver" or something like that. Everything is ending up in "JDBC driver for MySQL is no longer bundled with Bamboo due to licensing restrictions. Consult Bamboo documentation for manual installation instructions.".

Thank,
Lukas

robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

Hi Lukas,

I understand you would have taken the right steps. But just to double confirm did you restart the application after putting the jar file in the lib directory?

Few more things we could check:

• The user used to start the bamboo has the ownership of the directories "bamboo-install" and "home directory". And the appropriate rights.
  • Check the "Bamboo-Install/logs/catalina.out" when the bamboo starts to see for any errors or warnings logged.
  • Locate this file "mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar" and confirm it is not available under any other Bamboo directory.

Hi Robhit,

I even restarted the root server to confirm that it is not working. Here's the log: https://pastebin.com/nagCL9F6. The mysql connector library is only placed in the library directory. I'm executing the bamboo server with root privileges.

Proof:
root@rs002665:/opt/atlassian/bamboo-2# find -name 'mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar'

./lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.46-bin.jar

Thanks,
Lukas

robhit
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2018

Hi Lukas,

In that case, I would recommend opening a support request for a thorough investigation.

Thanks,

Robhit

0 votes
kevin omar jimenez July 12, 2022

I had the same problem today and I found a log in the path {bamboo.home}/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log there is information about the error, in my case it was an error with the configuration of the database and the templates , related to the bamboo.cfg.xml file, I stopped bamboo, renamed the file, restarted bamboo, modified the settings and was able to continue with the installation. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events