Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo license issue

Vitaliy Kalyuzhnyak February 5, 2018

I've purchased license for 10$ where said that jobs is limited up to 10.

I've configured only 5 jobs (3 project) but bamboo says me "0 free jobs remaining". Could you please tell me how it's counting or how I can increase limit for jobs to 20-30 without license for 880$

Notice: http://joxi.ru/gmvWDWoCx31jM2

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

There're 5 plans at screenshot. Every plan contains of at least one job, piece of configuration executed in parallel. So it's possible that some of your plans contains more than 1 job, that's why you have information about 0 jobs left.

Another item is that branch sign against 3 of your plans, every plan branch job also counted as separate job

So any actions in bamboo it's a "job", new project/plan and new branch? Why this information isn't provided there "https://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo/pricing"?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

As I said, job is part of plan and UI shows you option to create one or more jobs when plan created.

Info about branches is listed at page you mentioned

Do plan branches count as jobs?

Yes. The use of the Plan Branches feature has a multiplicative effect on the number of jobs configured, and therefore, an effect on the 10-job cap. For example, a plan with two jobs that is building against a total of three branches (the plan's original branch, plus two additional branches) will contribute 6 jobs toward the limit.

I understood it but why it doesn't explained in bamboo price page?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2018

Do you ask why info what is job isn't explained at price page? If yes, then it's a good sign we can improve this page and include link to glossary article: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/job-289277456.html

I'll report it to our documentation team.

Yes sure this link must be present on bamboo price page because until this moment I didn't know how jobs counting. I think it counting for each projects or plans.

And one more questions. Can I increase jobs count without buying license for  "Growing teams" ?

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2018

Unfortunately no, there's no another license between these two options.

Okay. Thank you for explain.

And one more question. Can I revoke this license and refund money?

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2018

Hi Vitaly,

Licensing-related queries can be raised here and one of us will assist you with it.

That said, just so you know, Atlassian donates 100% of Starter License payments to charity as mentioned here.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
February 5, 2018

Refunds for server

To request a refund/exchange for server products, please contact us within 30 days of payment received.

Please note: Due to the charitable nature of funds collected from starter licenses, we're unable to offer refunds.

I've already wrote request to the sales team. Thanks.

Shahzaib Hassan February 19, 2018

hi guys 

Hi team we have a requiremnt where we have two servers in different locations for bitbucket and Bamboo.
we have the following questions :

What would be tentative requirements for your running builds, e.g. do they need large amounts of memory/disk/swap space?

Also we have to deploy 5 agents in diferent locations , what would be the best way to implement it considering the factor of High Availability.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events