Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo jobs fail to start with BAMBOO-SSH-PROXY:[User session has timed out idling after 120000 ms.]

Tarun February 28, 2020

Hi All , we have several Github repos linked to bamboo and we have a couple of jobs that run in parallel. Recently we are seeing issues where the builds fail to start with the error :

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command [/bin/git ls-remote ssh://somerepo.git] failed with code 128. Working directory was [/bms/webapps/bamboo/current/temp]., stderr:
Warning: Permanently added '[127.0.0.1]:45737' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
BAMBOO-SSH-PROXY: [User session has timed out idling after 120000 ms.]
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

It's not really a permission error because the same job on re-triggering works. I just want to understand where is the BAMBOO-SSH-PROXY configured and how to make sure that a lot of builds do not fail with the same error in future.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun April 23, 2021

The issue is with GitHub rate limits. Even though the credentials and proxy work, GitHub was rate limiting my user so that I can't make more than certain number of requests per minute and hence was hitting this issue. It would have been a bit better if the error was more specific rather than the generic

fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

removed the rate limiting on GitHub server to fix this issue.

0 votes
Jana Rebmann January 28, 2021

We have exactly the same issue when trying to push a tag to the repository. We use Bamboo version 7.1.1 and the build task "Repository Tag". Any ideas how to solve this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events