Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo java specs with common code in another repo and branching

Barry O_Kane July 6, 2022

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to bamboo specs here, so excuse any ignorance.

We have lots of plans in a single repo at the moment (40+) and from reading some of the specs documentation, it seems that there's an option to have the specs live in the same repo as the code that it's attempting to build.

E.g. my repo called myRepo could have a bamboo-specs directory within it, and that would be where the specs configuration live.

We're using java specs so naturally the question of reusable code came up, and I was wondering if it was possible to put the common code in it's own repo, and have the specs reference it.

I've seen others mention building jar files and being able to pull them down as dependencies, but I'm hoping that's not the only route as it's something I'd like to avoid.

Secondly, I saw mention that best practice is to have all the plans in one repo, however that was a while ago, and I'm wondering if this is still the case?

Finally, when pushing changes to our current single repo of bamboo specs we typically branch and then merge once someone has reviewed changes. A colleague mentioned that they've seen issues previously where changing the branch in bamboo to test changes to the specs has caused history to be lost among other things, and I was wondering what the recommended dev route is for creating java specs? I.e. is it expected that there will be a single master version, updated as required? Or should branching be viable in this case, but we're missing something fundamental?

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events