Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo integration with MSBI

Arun November 4, 2019

Hi,

We are planning to integrate Bamboo with MSBI SSAS 2012 cube for deployment. Please share if any documents or links are available. Thanks!!

Able to build the cube using the below command line (Visual studio command prompt 2010)

MSBUILD "Solution.sln"

Able to deploy using the below command line

Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment.exe "\\path\bin\Model.asdatabase" /s"

Kindly suggest how can I implement these command lines using bamboo.

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hello @Arun

I personally don't have enough knowledge about MSBI SSAS 2012 cube, but considering you need to use MSBUILD and Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment command, these are the options I see you can use:

• MSBuild - Atlassian Documentation
    Bamboo has a MSBUILD task that serves as a wrapper of the MSBUILD command you need to run. The advantage of using the task is only to keep your configuration organized.
  • Custom command executable - Atlassian Documentation
    This is a generic task that can be used for any command run in Bamboo. You can use this one for both MSBUILD and Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment.
  • Script - Atlassian Documentation
    This can also be used to run MSBUILD command and Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Deployment commands. The only issue here is that you need to make sure you do the error handling properly. A script task will by default only return the error of the last command run.

Please let me know if that is what you need.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events