Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo inline powershell encoding broken

Thomas September 20, 2018

Hello,

After upgrading from 6.1 to 6.6 execution of inline PowerShell scripts seems to have had their encoding broken.

The system encoding was Cp1252 and this was the encoding of the PowerShell interpreter. However the encoding of the resulting script file from the Bamboo inline script appears to be in UTF-8 and as such the execution of the script will result in failure.

I’ve tried to change the system encoding (according to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/configuring-your-system-properties-289277345.html) but this did not solve the problem described.

I’ve checked the bamboo database (`Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.2000.8 (X64)        Feb 20 2014 20:04:26                              Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation                Express Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) (Hypervisor)`) where the majority of the tables and columns seems to have ` collation_name = Finnish_Swedish_CS_AS` which seems fine to me.

If possible I guess I would like to force same encoding for interpreter and script file.

Thankful for any advice.

Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas January 17, 2019

No answer was found, we migrated our inline scripts to files where we could specify encoding.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events