Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo – express installation is stuck

Deleted user March 21, 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to set up Bamboo on my local computer. I've been waiting for the express installation to finish for like 30 mins now:

Bamboo_express_stuck.PNG

The log has a number of errors but I'm not sure how to post them here. I don't see how to attach files on this forum. There are various exception types such as...

• Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/JAXBException
    • this is by far the most frequently registered exception
  • org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.transaction.config.internalTransactionAdvisor': Cannot resolve reference to bean 'org.springframework.transaction.annotation.AnnotationTransactionAttributeSource#0' while setting bean property
  • org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to initialize component [Connector[HTTP/1.1-8443]]

Let me know what kind of additional information you need and if there's a practical way of uploading files to this thread.

Can there be a Java version mismatch somehow? Like Bamboo needs a certain Java version but it's accessing an older one? Is there a way to set Java home for Bamboo?

Thanks for your help,

Andras

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

Can there be a Java version mismatch somehow? Like Bamboo needs a certain Java version but it's accessing an older one? Is there a way to set Java home for Bamboo?

I think you already know the answer. I believe you are using an incompatible JAVA version. Possibly a new one, 11. Bamboo needs JDK 8 (1.8).

More details about the supported platforms can be found at:

Suggested steps moving forward:

1. Stop Bamboo process
  2. Make sure you have JDK 1.8 installed and the JAVA_HOME is pointing to it
  3. If the <Bamboo_Home> was created (which I believe it wasn't), just remove it
  4. Start the Bamboo process again

What if I'm wrong and the Java version is correct?

Please try to find the first error that shows up in your logs (considering time execution)  and share it here =]

Deleted user March 25, 2019

Hi Daniel,

Ok, thanks for your answer. 

I was hoping I could set the JDK home for Bamboo through some setting. Pointing out the JDK home globally can interfere with other applications.

Best regards,

Andras

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 25, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

You can set a different version just for Bamboo.

1. Go to <BAMBOO_INSTALL>/bin/setenv.sh
  2. Add the following variable exports at the beginning of this file:
    export JAVA_HOME=<JAVA_JDK_HOME>
    export JRE_HOME=<JAVA_JDK_HOME>/jre

⚠️ Update <JAVA_JDK_HOME> with the path of your JAVA JDK.

I hope it helps.

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user March 25, 2019

Hi Daniel, 

Great, thanks for your time and help!

//Andras

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
March 25, 2019

You are welcome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events