Bamboo + deployment job + download a old version of artifact is not possible

Sumit Kumar Gaur May 16, 2019

Hello 

I want to download a older version of artifact in deployment job,There is no way I could have done that, it is taking latest only.

Basically I have 2 jobs to build config and application respectively  and while deploying application I use to download both artifact config and application and deploy. 

I have no option to change the version of config for the latest application artifact.  

N.B. Separation of config and application artifacts during deployment is the intention. config I want to build very frequently and do not want to build application at all to keep the application artifact version same. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2019

Hi @Sumit Kumar Gaur,

Have you considered using multiple build plans?  What we have done is set multiple components that have our configuration build plan as the child plan in the Dependencies tab.

Then in the configuration plan I'm using a source code checkout to get the latest configuration changes and an Artifact Download task for each of our component build plans that grabs the latest built changes for each componet.  Not every component will have changed but it always grabs the last thing we built which could have been months ago or it could have been two minutes ago.

I hope that helps you out!

-James

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events