Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo: can the automatic branch cleanup schedule be configured?

Dave Belliveau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 16, 2019

Automatic branch cleanup has not been working on our Bamboo instance. It occurred to me that because our instance runs on EC2, and we shut it down at night to reduced costs, maybe the cleanup job was simply not running. I let the instance run overnight and sure enough, at 3am, dozens of branches were cleaned up. I would like to schedule the branch cleanup to occur during the day, but I can't find anywhere to configure the schedule. I have changed the Expiry schedule to occur during the day but that does not seem to affect the branch cleanup schedule. Is it possible to configure the branch cleanup schedule?

We're running Bamboo 6.10.3

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2019
Dave Belliveau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 20, 2019

Hi,

I added this property to JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS in bin/setenv.sh and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much.

: ${JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS:="-Duser.timezone=America/New_York -Dbamboo.branch.expiry.schedule="20:00""}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events