Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo can't get code from linked Stash

Andrey Oleynik April 27, 2014

Hello, I installed Bamboo, linked it to Stash and created link repository. While linking the repository Bamboo offered me to choose repository and branch from Stash.

When I'm tryint to start my plan which takes code from the repository only I get the following error:

Unable to detect changes 
(com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException : java.lang.RuntimeException: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.GitCommandException: command /usr/bin/git ls-remote ssh://aa78191b-fc49-4c83-866f-1e9c53306270@127.0.0.1:52538/api/repo.git failed with code 128. Working directory was [.]., stderr: [ssh: connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 52538: Connection timed out, fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly])

How could I solve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

Have you tried to execute the git clone command from the server itself? There are lots of things to check like firewalls, ports & credentials. Though, its most likely a network issue.

Andrey Oleynik April 28, 2014

Yes, I have. There is no problem with network at all. I can clone and use the repo from the server.

I'm curious why Bamboo goes to

ssh://aa78191b-fc49-4c83-866f-1e9c53306270@127.0.0.1:52538/api/repo.git

instead of

ssh://user@server.name:7999/api/repo.git

Is it some sort of git proxy?

Andrey Oleynik May 4, 2014

The problem was in wrong setting for iptables on the server. It has been dropping packets to localhost.

0 votes
Krystian Brazulewicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2014

Andrey,

Word of explanation: Bamboo is implementing an internal SSH proxy for git in order to authenticate properly with remote repository.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events