Bamboo builds not showing up in Bitbucket Cloud

Philip Fackler July 19, 2018

(Using Bamboo 6.6.1)

I can link to a bitbucket cloud repository and run a build plan associated with that. The plan runs just fine, but the build doesn't show up on bitbucket. On the "Source" page of the repository, on the right side, it shows "0 builds". How do I get the bamboo builds to show up there?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

complementing @Alexey Chystoprudov message (assuming you're already using Bitbucket Cloud repository type):

At the end of the build, Bamboo send a POST request to bitbucket in order to update the build status, at this point bitbucket.org performs some form of URL validation on the Base URL (Bamboo Administration >> General Configuration) of your Bamboo instance.

If you are seeing a 400 Bad Request in the <bamboo-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log file (you can search for the [BitbucketBuildStatusUpdater] method) please double check if the Base URL is set to an internal hostname rather than a valid URL. E.g. http://hostname:8085/ instead of http://hostname.com.

The actual response is unfortunately not displayed anywhere accessible in Bamboo but it typically looks like this:

{"type": "error", "error": {"fields": {"url": ["Enter a valid URL."]}, "message": "Bad request"}}

I would check your Base URL first but we can also get the exact response from Bitbucket into the Bamboo logs to confirm what's wrong too:

1. Enable debug logging for the following packages in  Bamboo Administration > Logging setting them to ALL (please note, these changes will revert to the default level after restarting Bamboo):
    com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bitbucket.impl.BitbucketApiServiceImpl

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bitbucket.events.BitbucketBuildStatusUpdater
  2. Trigger a build that should send a build status to bitbucket.org

The response will get logged to the <bamboo-home>/logs/atlassian-bamboo.log file. You can check there why exactly Bitbucket.org is returning a bad request message.

thanks.

Michael Ansolis March 5, 2019

Thanks for the post!  This helped me trace my issue with not getting the build status displayed on Bitbucket Cloud pages.  Turns out, Bitbucket doesn't accept URLs without a dot/period in them.  I feel like it's a new "feature" they implemented on Bitbucket because my old setup without the period used to work just fine.

1 vote
Philip Fackler July 20, 2018

Thank you. The base URL was using the host name instead of the IP address. Having switched that, it works.

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 19, 2018

First of all you should use Bitbucket Cloud repository type. Also to debug you can set DEBUG log level for com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.bitbucket.events.BitbucketBuildStatusUpdater and check logs if it contains 

Updated build status for ....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events