cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo build queue timeout

Jozsef Kercso
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 31, 2018

I'm trying to set the timeout values for a given Bamboo plan like this:

- I open the "Default Job" of my "Default Stage" and set the following values on the Miscellaneous tab: Build Time Multiplier = 1, Log Quiet Time = 1, Build Queue Timeout = 1. My average build time is 17 seconds.

I would expect that the build is aborted after 1 minute if it waits more than 1 minute in the queue or if there is no log output for more than 1 minute.

I start the build. Unfortunately after 6 minutes it is still in the queue and Bamboo displays the following message on the plan's summary page:

Build: #11 has been queued for 6 minutes ...

On the same summary page I see the following message as well:

HPC Information

PROJ-TEAM-JOB1-11

Info:License limitation is currently reached. No additional agent can be requested at the moment.

I suspect that this is the reason of waiting in the queue, but I would expect that the build is still stopped after one minute due to the Build Queue Timeout setting.

Could somebody help me to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Jozsef

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 7, 2018

I start the build. Unfortunately after 6 minutes it is still in the queue and Bamboo displays the following message on the plan's summary page:

Build Queue Timeout is used together with Job Queue Timeout notification to send notification to user instead of stopping the build.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events