Bamboo build plans don't display utf chars

Deleted user April 9, 2019

Users with ? in Fullname.

How to fix this problem?

This link did not fix the problem https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/how-to-change-the-wrong-encoding-in-bamboo-that-is-causing-crashes-or-characters-to-display-incorrectly-318670134.html

Only in Bamboo, not in JIRA, Confluence or Bitbucket.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

I'll need more details to try helping you with this one.

• Can you share what is the database type used with the specific version?
  • Please share as well the collation used and any extra DB configuration you may have manually set for the Bamboo data.

When configuring Bamboo external DB we need to follow the following document:

I'll wait for your comments.

Deleted user August 15, 2019

Database details

Driver nameMySQL Connector JavaDriver class namecom.mysql.jdbc.DriverDriver versionmysql-connector-java-5.1.47 ( Revision: fe1903b1ecb4a96a917f7ed3190d80c049b1de29 )Database URLjdbc:mysql://localhost/db_bamboo?autoReconnect=trueUser namebamboo@localhostHibernate dialectorg.hibernate.dialect.MySQL5InnoDBDialect

Where do I found collation information in Bamboo?

Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2019

Hi @[deleted]

I don't think Bamboo saves this information anywhere, but you can get it directly from your DB. This is one of the articles you can use (not from Atlassian though): How to Show the Collation of a Database in MySQL.

I think the issue you are facing is caused by the missing support for utf8mb4.

There is also an Atlassian article talking about a similar problem with MySQL: Branch names with emoji or 4 byte UTF8 characters create hundreds of plan branches in Bamboo.

0 votes
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2019

Hello @[deleted]

What is the Bamboo version that you are having issue with?

Victor

Deleted user June 19, 2019

Version 6.6.3.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events