Bamboo build failing on copy of shared artifact

Daniel Turner March 1, 2012

I have a build plan with the following setup:

1. Checkout Stage

* Checkout Job - Pull down source

Produces "Source" artifact ( location: <empty>, pattern: **/*.* )

2. Build Stage

* Debug Job (Depends on artifact "Source" - dest dir: "root of working directory")

* Release Job (Depends on artifact "Source" - dest dir: "root of working directory")

However every time a build is triggered, I get the following error from both the Debug and Release jobs:

Build KEST-MASTER-DBG-6 started building on agent Default Agent

Build working directory is D:\Atlassian\Home\Bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\KEST-MASTER-DBG

Executing build KEST-MASTER-DBG-6

Preparing artifact for use: Source

Failed to copy build artifact from [D:\Atlassian\Home\Bamboo\artifacts\KEST-MASTER\shared\build-00006\Source] to [D:\Atlassian\Home\Bamboo\xml-data\build-dir\KEST-MASTER-DBG]

Failure in artifact preparation phase during processing of: Subscription for Shared artifact: [Source], pattern: [**/*.*], destination: []

1 error(s) found when performing pre-build actions.

Running on server: post build plugin 'NCover Results Collector'

Running on server: post build plugin 'Clover Delta Calculator'

Running on server: post build plugin 'Build Hanging Detection Configuration'

Running on server: post build plugin 'Maven Dependencies Postprocessor'

All post build plugins have finished

Generating build results summary...

Saving build results to disk...

Indexing build results...

Finished building KEST-MASTER-DBG-6.

If I choose to "Re-run failed jobs" it then works.

What's doing??

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Turner March 2, 2012

I managed to fix this my ticking the box to clean the working directory after completing this job...

yogesh_devi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2021

Hi @Daniel Turner1 - Can you please give more details. Did you check the checkbox "clean the working directory " for  job that produces the artifact or , job that is dependent on the artifact ( and fails ), or both . 

In my Bamboo agent log I see following error 

2021-01-15 13:42:07,532 ERROR [2-BAM::sles12sp3-agent4::Agent:pool-5-thread-1] [BambooArtifactHttpTransport]
org.apache.http.TruncatedChunkException: Truncated chunk (expected size: 8,192; actual size: 4,202)

Do you see similar messages in your Bamboo agent log ? 

Since these seems to affect Bamboo server to remote agent communication issue and my task that was dependent on the artifact was fairly simple task that could run on the local agent for now I used a workaround

I changed requirements of that task dependent on artifact to run locally on Bamboo default agent 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events