Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo bootstrap failed: Your Bamboo instance could not start because health check failed

Barry Tresadern April 16, 2018

Hi there, we are still in the setup phase of getting Bamboo configured and working for us and once again have bumped into an issue that's stopping us.  

We are not seeing 'Bamboo bootstrap failed: Your Bamboo instance could not start because health check failed.

We have restarted the server (and DB server). Our test manage who is moving our tests into Bamboo said 'About 5 hours ago I was able to login and check results of the last build. After fixing failed tests I tried to get access to Bamboo but without success and write about this. I tried to start Bambo using 'start-bamboo.bat' but it also failed.'

The bamboo log stated "ERROR [bamboo.<domain>.co.uk-start-Stop-1] [BootstrapUpgradeManagerImpl] Task 51404 failed java.io.IOException: Unable to delete file: C:\bamboo-home\caches\plugins\felix\filix-cache\bundle99\version00\revision.location"

The account it is running under (on a windows box) as admin level.

Please can you assist.

Thanks

3 answers

2 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

Hi Barry,

Try the following steps:

* Ensure the user used to start bamboo has the ownership and the privileges both on the Bamboo Home and Bamboo Installation directory.

* Delete the contents of the following directories:

--> "C:\bamboo-home\caches\"

--> "C:\bamboo-home\temp\"

--> "C:\bamboo-home\jms-store\"

* Restart Bamboo again

Tip: I would suggest using a directory other than "C:" directory. Dealing "C:" permissions could be very troublesome.

Thanks,

Robhit

Russell Spivey May 31, 2019

This worked for me, thanks!

0 votes
john livingston March 31, 2020

We also hit the ominous bootstrap error on startup.

A closer look in catalina.out revealed this error -

FATAL [localhost-startStop-1] [DefaultBootstrapManager] Validation tests failed: [Task 51404 failed with exception: Unable to delete file: /striped/bamboo/caches/plugins/felix/felix-cache/bundle111/version0.0/revision.location]

This turned out to be a permissions error. Atlassian support also indicated bootstrap issues are often permissions related.

Our error was executing bamboo start-up as user ‘root’ like -

sudo start-bamboo.sh

The solution was to execute bamboo start-up as user ‘bamboo’ like -

sudo su bamboo - ; start-bamboo.sh

0 votes
carlos_b October 10, 2018

Hi, Im having the same issue. What I did was to take a snapshot of bamboo and database. Then I run that snapshot on a different server with other IP, name, etc. I modified new bamboo xml configuration to work with new database and I get the error: Bamboo bootstrap failed: Your Bamboo instance could not start because health check failed.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Carlos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events