Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo and perforce integration isssue

anupdg June 20, 2018

Hi There,

I am trying to add perforce repository for bamboo. But not able to make it. Getting following error while adding repository-

I have downloaded latest bamboo 30days trial and installed on my local machine. Bamboo is installed correctly as I am able to create automated build using MSBuild with BitBucket repository.

My bamboo instance is running on http://localhost:8085.

I have Downloaded and installed latest P4D and P4V from https://www.perforce.com/downloads and installed in the same machine. Perforce server and client are correctly configured as I am able to checkin source code to server using client. Running on  port 1666. By client and server are both installed in C:\Program Files\Perforce.

Screenshot_1.jpg

I have added bamboo Server Capabilities for perforce.

Screenshot_2.jpg

On providing perforce detail while adding repository, getting following three alerts from p4v client-

Screenshot_3.jpgUser id and password are correct also url with port is correct. I am able to get data from repository with this detail.

p4v.exe is already there in my PATH and also I run p4v -help on command prompt, getting following result. I dont see any option named 'info'.

Screenshot_4.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

P4V is a visual client. Bamboo need command line client

https://www.perforce.com/downloads/helix-command-line-client-p4

Bamboo Server capabilities have to be updated with this p4 command line client too.

anupdg June 21, 2018

Thank you for your response. 

I have changed server capabilities to p4.exe. Now I dont see any error popup. But getting following message for Depot view-

"Depot view is not in the format //client_name/... or //client_name/workspace_mapping/..."

If I run p4 info, getting the following-

C:\Windows\System32>p4 info
User name: bamboo
Client name: QS-0049
Client host: QS-0049
Client root: c:\Users\adas
Current directory: c:\Windows\System32
Peer address: 127.0.0.1:60081
Client address: 127.0.0.1
Server address: QS-0049.Portal01.nextgen.com:1672
Server root: C:\Program Files\Perforce\Server
Server date: 2018/06/21 16:09:31 +0530 India Standard Time
Server uptime: 00:28:32
Server version: P4D/NTX64/2018.1/1660568 (2018/05/09)
Server license: none
Case Handling: insensitive 

My depot view looks like

Screenshot_5.jpg

I tried many combinations-

//depot/JsonToClassGenerator/

//QS-0049/JsonToClassGenerator/

//QS-0049/depot/JsonToClassGenerator/

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2018

From the screen shot of the task, if the Client (workspace) "BambooTest" is used, the Depot view need to be in the format "//BambooTest/JsonToClassGenerator/..."

anupdg June 22, 2018

Ahh...

I have tried that to. Got the issue now. I was missing trailing three dots. Can it be specified on the documentation that trailing three dots are mendatory(/...). Its not that clear in the documentation.

Thanks

Anup

Foong
Atlassian Team
June 25, 2018

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events