Bamboo and node js deployment task hangs when I run node task : node main.js Edited

Hello Everyone,

At work they assigned me to install a Bamboo server, and they gave me a node project that runs a server listening for connections. 

The main goal is to have a CI for multiple projects, and I want to start with the node one.

What I have:

I have a windows server 2012 R2, and i installed  Atlassian Bamboo version 5.15.5 build 51518.

I'm trying to run a nodejs server. This server starts listening for incoming connections.

I've created a plan in Bamboo with a default job that has 2 tasks:

1) Source Code Checkout (Bitbucket integration)

2) npm install (to install all dependencies specified in package.json)

I created an Artifact with all the files of the program to be run in the deployment.

I created a Deployment Project with the following tasks:

1)Clean working directory task

2)Artifact download

3)Script (THIS IS THE ONE I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DEAL WITH)

What i have for the task N# 3 is 
Script configuration
Interpreter cmd.exe

Command: start node main.js

But the deployment project hangs until I close the node window running the server. The Deployment project finish successfully.

I would like to know if I can run it, and somehow finish the deployment project, but leave the server running. Also, when I do another commit to Bitbucket it will re run the entire process again and deploy with the new code.

Thank you in advance. :) 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,804 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you