Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo and ServiceNow Integration

sridhar August 23, 2019

Hi, We are trying integrate bamboo with ServiceNow.

Usecase: Once bamboo plan runs , If it fails then reach ServiceNow and create Incident. If it gets success then reach ServiceNow and create change ticket. 

After this plan in another it needs to pull status of the tickets and send emails to appropriate Folks.

Just want to know any ServiceNow plugin in Bamboo.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2019

Hi @sridhar

Thank you for bringing this challenging topic to our community. I'll comment on your comments but a little bit out of order.  😉

Just want to know any ServiceNow plugin in Bamboo.

As far as I can tell Bamboo does not have any out of the box integration with ServiceNow. It is possible that a developer out there has created a ServiceNow plugin (not in our marketplace), but doubt it would do all of what you want.

Let me share with you what I have and you can investigate how to move forward:

Usecase: Once bamboo plan runs , If it fails then reach ServiceNow and create Incident. If it gets success then reach ServiceNow and create change ticket. 

1. Check how to create and change a ticket in ServiceNow through REST API
    REST API | ServiceNow Developers.
  2. Add the plugin Pre-Post Build Command Runner | Atlassian Marketplace in Bamboo. It will allow you to call a command (or script) when a build fails.
  3. Add a command to call the REST API you tested when the build fails.

After this plan in another it needs to pull status of the tickets and send emails to appropriate Folks.

1. Check how to pull status of tickets in ServiceNow through REST API
    REST API | ServiceNow Developers.
  2. Create a script task to call the REST calls you investigated in step 1.
  3. Check this article to see an alternative on how to send emails through a script task:
    Solved: Bamboo - Send email notifications to list generated by a job.
    Bamboo does not have a custom task to send mail notifications. It sends multiple predefined notifications, but not in the middle of a build. There is a feature request for this at: [BAM-17085] Send customized email via Bamboo Task.

I hope this clarifies your request and give you enough information to allow you moving forward.

sridhar August 27, 2019

Thanks for Guidance , will move forward to achieve Goal

Like • Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2019

I'm glad to hear that!
You are welcome!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events