Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo - Why are change detection options not working for linked repository?

Paul Gauthier May 17, 2018

We're on Bamboo version 5.15.7 build 51521. I have a linked repository on Bitbucket Server that just contains some helper functions used by many builds. I don't want any builds to trigger based on changes to this linked repo. However, we've been unable to find any config that prevents dozens of builds from being triggered. 

Shouldn't this setup prevent builds from being triggered on changes to this repo:

Untitled.jpg

I've tried with .+ as well and only with the file pattern. Any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2018

Have tested this settings work fine in Bamboo 5.15.7.

Maybe your Build Plan is configured with Plan Repository (that have the same name) instead of Linked Repository.

Check if the repository can be edited at Plan Configuration > Repositories . If yes, it is not a Linked Repository. You will have to edit this Plan Repository in the Plan Level.

Paul Gauthier May 18, 2018

Thanks @Foong. These are definitely linked repositories in the plans. When I look at them, they are not editable from the build plan and have this at the top.

Untitled2.png

All of the changes come from merges to master from feature branches. We are on Bitbucket Server 4.14.4.

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2018

In Bamboo Build Result, is it showing merge commit in the Commits tab?

If yes, refer to this bug report https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-19892

Paul Gauthier May 18, 2018

@Foong - Yes, it is showing the merge commit in the Commits tab. I'll watch that bug for updates.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events