Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Upgrade from 5.15.3 to 6.8.1

User Schnittstellen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2019

I downloaded bamboo 6.8.1 Windows 64 Bit Installer. After start do not ask Upgrade Installation, only full installation. My older version 5.15.3 do the new installer not considered. 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2019

Hi @User Schnittstellen

The installer will consider the details added previously to the Windows registry at the moment of 5.15.3 installation. If the data is not there or if for some reason it was changed, the installer will not be able to identify the old installation.

You are still able to follow the upgrade as described in this document: Bamboo upgrade guide. Actually, this is the recommended approach. Just installing one version above another may cause problems if you did any customizations in your installation.

Please read the upgrade guide and let me know if you have any issues on executing the steps described there. You should be fine to upgrade your instance following it.

I'll wait for your next comments.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events