Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Specs not working at all

Hendrik Beijeman December 17, 2018

Dear all,

I followed the documentation examples for bamboo specs.

When I create a linked repository manually or via build/specs, and I press "scan", the text is not updated and says

"This repository was never scanned." after a brief busy.

Furthermore, the site displays:
"No specs logs yet
Bamboo hasn't detected any specs in your repository"

The bamboo logs also don't show anything at all related to specs or repository updates.

Bamboo 6.6.2 build 60606

Bitbucket v5.13.1

What could be wrong here?

5 answers

1 vote
Mark Ryan December 27, 2019

Maybe a little late as a reply (although I see people were still struggling with this as late as October!) but in trying to get Bamboo Specs working I came across this thread and shortly afterwards worked out what (for me) turned out to be the issue and the answer.

In the log files, there's something like this :

2019-12-27 12:21:52,765 INFO [15-BAM::SpecsDetection:pool-22-thread-1] [RssDetectionRunnable] Exception while executing RSS detection for repository 2654209
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: JGit implementation does not support this operation, please use native Git
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.git.JGitOperationHelper.obtainLatestRevision(JGitOperationHelper.java:797)

Now I already had a native git installed but just needed to ensure this was available as a 'Server Capability':

Administration -> Overview -> Server capabilities -> 'Add Capability' -> Select Git & correct path, etc ... 

Once this 'capability' was available, the scanning of the linked repo containing the specs worked fine.

Hope that helps anyone else in the same situation.

Enjoy

Mark

0 votes
Bart Louwers
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 11, 2020

This issue is affecting us as well.

Edit: manually scanning the repository worked.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 11, 2020

what's your repository type?

0 votes
leozilla October 4, 2019

I have the same issue. Is there already a solution?

0 votes
Omar Herrera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2018

Hi @Hendrik Beijeman let me know if you are triying out yml specs or java specs?

I have 6 months working with yml specs ,please check this similiar issue on this thread

Cheers

Omar H.

Hendrik Beijeman April 26, 2019

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

I'm using bamboo specs

Chris Hatton August 19, 2019

Hendrik; the question was yml or java - those are both flavours of Bamboo specs - which one are you using?

Anthony Yeong September 4, 2019

have same issue with Java spec. Is there some mandatory structure or file which needs to be in the repo? I uses the java spec tutorial as baseline.

Harsha Nanayakkara
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 4, 2020

Plans not getting created when added/updated YML file to bitbucket repo. I can see the following error message in the log file.

"Bamboo Specs have already been executed for a newer revision"

0 votes
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2018

Can you please tell if bamboo-specs folder is in the root of your repository?

Are you able to update plan configuration from local environment with command

mvn -Ppublish-specs

?

More details in this tutorial https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/tutorial-create-a-simple-plan-with-bamboo-java-specs-894743911.html 

pradeep kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 13, 2019

I have the same error and the bamboo-specs folder  is in the  root 

Like # people like this
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
February 13, 2019

Hello @pradeep kumar,

How does the content of your `bamboo-specs` folder looks like? Can you give more details of which files does it contain?

Victor :)

Alexandre Simões
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 24, 2019

I have the same problem.

I've configured Bamboo Server with the Bitbucket Cloud Repo and set up the webhook.

When clicked "Test connection", it says "Connection successful".

In the repository "tutorial" I've a folder "bamboo-specs". Inside there is a file "bamboo.yml".

tutorial/bamboo-specs/bamboo.yml

file "bamboo.yml":

---
version: 2
plan:
project-key: ROCKET
name: Launch Ship
key: SHIP

stages
:
- First Build Stage:
jobs:
- Build Ship Server

Build Ship Server
:
tasks:
- script:
- echo 'Hello world!'

I've added to my project "TutorialRepo" (Kye: "ROCKET") in the Bamboo Specs repositories the repository "tutorial" and enabled the "Scan for Bamboo Specs" and scanned by hand.

It never gave any error, and always says:

"This repository was never scanned.

No specs logs yet

Bamboo hasn't detected any specs in your repository."

I'm using Bamboo 6.9.0.

I've double checked and consulted online about this and still nothing...

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 24, 2019

It should be /bamboo-specs/bamboo.yml not /tutorial/bamboo-specs/bamboo.yml

Alexandre Simões
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 24, 2019

Capturar.PNG

So my repository is "tutorial". Inside, then, I've "bamboo-specs/bamboo.yml".

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2019

@Alexandre Simões I would suggest to contact support team and provide server logs to find the root cause

Like Alexandre Simões likes this

I'm having the same problem (as before), and no matter what I try, it doensn't work. I can publish the java specs manually with maven, but for some reason Bamboo server doesn't seem to pick it up automatically.

The annoying thing is, that it gives no indication visually or in the logs of what's wrong, so it can be fixed.

This is the layout:

repository root

bamboo-specs/

pom.xml

src/main/java

<...>Spec.java

etc

It was all generated from the tutorial with Maven and archtetype.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2019

@Hendrik Beijeman can you please enable DEBUG log level for class com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.external.RepositoryStoredSpecsServiceImpl. You can do it without Bamboo restart at BAMBOO_URL/admin/configLog4j.action.

Then click Scan button for repository.

Share Bamboo logs starting from line

AccessLog ...rest/api/latest/repository/REPO_ID/scanNow

Like Alexandre Simões likes this
Victor Debone
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2019

Hello @Alexandre Simões

Can you double check if your commits with the file `bamboo-specs/bamboo.yml` are in Bitbucket Cloud?

Also @Hendrik Beijeman, is your last commit locally the same commit you have in your Bitbucket? With your specs changes?

Victor

Hello Alexey, Victor,

Thank you very much for your quick response!

We've just tested with the log message to DEBUG, as Alexey instructed. Stragely, nothing (specs-related) appears in the atlassian-bamboo.log file.

I did not restart (I also don't have the permission to).

The result is the same - "allow repository to be scanned" is "on". Status is "repository is never scanned", then when forcing with the scan button - a notification pops up that its scannign the repo. And after that, same status - repository is never scanned.

We jus ttried it with the yaml file(s) as well. Same result, except that the "scan duration" is almost immediately while with java specs it takes a few seconds.

We're running Atlassian Bamboo version 6.8.0 build 60803 - 30 Jan 19 in a hosted, corporate environment, no cloud.

Please advise!

Kind regards,

Hendrik

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2019

One more action. Enable DEBUG log level for class com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.external.RssDetectionServiceImpl and click Scan button again. Then check logs

Expected log messages

2019-04-26 10:59:57,599 DEBUG [http-nio-6990-exec-1] [RssDetectionServiceImpl] Enqueuing Bamboo Specs detection for repository: 5111809
2019-04-26 10:59:57,600 DEBUG [http-nio-6990-exec-1] [AccessLogFilter] END: 204 admin POST http://localhost:6990/bamboo/rest/api/latest/repository/5111809/scanNow 312620kb-2087kb 2ms
2019-04-26 10:59:57,749 DEBUG [15-BAM::SpecsDetection:pool-22-thread-1] [RssDetectionServiceImpl] Skipping Specs detection. Specs revision not detected in repository 'no specs' on branch 'master'.

Hello Alexey,

I don;t see my previous answer, I added some screenshots.

In any case, I added that logline, and it made no difference.

It almost seems as if the entire feature, or support thereof, is missing from the local installation. Is there an option during install to disable this? Can I check somehow for its presence?

Kind regards,

Hendrik

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2019

It's possible to turn this feature off at Security settings

Yes, I saw, but its already on.

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2019

Let me confirm

You enabled DEBUG logging for com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.external.RssDetectionServiceImpl

but don't see log when click Scan button

[RssDetectionServiceImpl] Enqueuing Bamboo Specs detection for repository: 5111809

Correct.  I presume I should see some activity in the logs, when I push to the repo or manually press scan. Yet there is no event/trigger whatsoever.

Here is the complete list:

Emergency INFO
JavaScript DEBUG
com.amazonaws WARN
com.amazonaws.services.s3 INFO
com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.external.RepositoryStoredSpecsServiceImpl DEBUG
com.atlassian.bamboo.configuration.external.RssDetectionServiceImpl DEBUG
com.atlassian.bamboo.persister.xstream.IgnoreMissingFieldXStream INFO
com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.hg.sshproxy WARN
com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.ssh WARN
com.atlassian.bamboo.ssh WARN
com.atlassian.bamboo.user.BambooUserManagerImpl WARN
com.atlassian.botocss WARN
com.atlassian.crowd INFO
com.atlassian.marketplace.client.MarketplaceClient WARN
com.atlassian.plugin WARN
com.atlassian.plugin.osgi WARN
com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.felix.FelixOsgiContainerManager WARN
com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.PluginResourceDownload WARN
com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.ServletFilterModuleContainerFilter WARN
com.atlassian.plugin.webresource.DefaultResourceDependencyResolver ERROR
com.atlassian.streams WARN
com.atlassian.tunnel WARN
com.atlassian.usermanagement.userprovisioning INFO
com.atlassian.util.profiling DEBUG
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.LocalizedTextUtil ERROR
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.OgnlValueStack ERROR
com.spotify.docker.client WARN
cz.vutbr.web WARN
org.acegisecurity WARN
org.apache INFO
org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport WARN
org.apache.sshd WARN
org.apache.struts2.config.BeanSelectionProvide WARN
org.apache.velocity WARN
org.eclipse.jetty INFO
org.hibernate INFO
org.hibernate.SQL INFO
org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl ERROR
org.hibernate.metamodel.internal.MetadataContext ERROR
org.hibernate.orm.deprecation ERROR
org.springframework WARN
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DependencyInjectionAspectSupport WARN
org.twdata.pkgscanner.ExportPackageListBuilder ERROR
webwork WARN
root INFO

Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2019

Then I would give you the same advise and create support ticket to let our support engineers to investigate your configuration and logs

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events