Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Specs: Deployment Projects/Environments in YAML

Jon February 15, 2018

I am looking in to Bamboo Specs for my company and have for example a Project that would have a lot of environments.

For the Build Project I found examples and documentation. For example

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-yaml-938844479.html?_ga=2.128828236.1984852021.1518693188-249733046.1425919964

On the deployment side I found the Java documentation but could not find the YAML documentation. Does anyone have a link/url/hint where it is documented?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2018

There's meanwhile a Bamboo Specs API docs hub outside of the Bamboo Specs product documentation, which provides entry points to the latest Bamboo Specs (Java) and Bamboo Specs (YAML) reference docs and thus the easiest way to check for a feature's availability in either one of those.

That being said, the Bamboo Specs (YAML) only provide a subset of the Bamboo Specs (Java) features, and I'm afraid that deployment projects are not yet available via YAML - while this is an obvious gap that will hopefully be addressed down the road, you might want to formally request it to raise Atlassian's awareness of this requirement, as per the Bamboo Specs (YAML) introduction:

In case you found a bug, would like to suggest an improvement or just would like to share your impression about this documentation, please do not hesitate to report it our issue tracker.

Jules Clements August 21, 2018

Is there a timeline for YAML deployment projects?

Jules Clements August 22, 2018

Is there a way of executing the Deployment Project Java Specs from the repository (like YML), rather that pushing from a workstation or IDE?

Jules Clements October 8, 2018

How do I "formally request it to raise Atlassian's awareness of this requirement"? We need to deploy to a large number of targets and configuring that as YML (like our build pipeline) you be preferred to the currently tedious job of configuration via the GUI.

Jules Clements October 8, 2018

note: according to this https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/creating-and-configuring-a-deployment-project-338363448.html there should be some form of YAML support already (last updated Jan 2018), but this does not exist in 6.5?

Viewing a Bamboo deployment project in the YAML format

Bamboo instance administrators can view the deployment configuration in the YAML format in Deployment project configuration > Actions:

Last modified on Jun 20, 2018yaml_deployment_project.png

Like Luis Roberto Costa Dias likes this
Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2018

@Jules Clements - the documentation has not been updated it seems, insofar this has been a preliminary YAML export feature that existed before the introduction of Bamboo Specs and has since been replaced by 'View project as Bamboo Specs', which only supports Bamboo Specs (Java) at this point though.

In terms of 'formally requesting it', the only option these days is to submit a resp. 'suggestion' as per the quote I referenced there (just follow the link, click 'Create', and select 'Suggestion'):

In case you found a bug, would like to suggest an improvement or just would like to share your impression about this documentation, please do not hesitate to report it our issue tracker.

Jules Clements October 9, 2018

I've raised BAM-11314 and linked this to BAM-19922.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events