Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Specs - Default Repository - documentation interpretation question.

Mark Wachdorf
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 10, 2022

I have a question.

If you navigate to https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/7.2.3/specs.html?yaml#plan, there's a bullet that says "specifies the default repository.". Also in https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/7.2.3/specs.html?yaml#task-repository-checkout there's a paragraph on the use of the defaultRepository option.

I am wondering what this means?

More specifically, I have one repository that contains all of my bamboo specs. I have other repositories that contain my code.

My build plan contains a Checkout statement in the tasks section which allows me to specify a repository of code to build, but I don't get to specify the branch.  (OK I think this means I use the linked repository to specify the branch)

This is working for my basic Develop code branch, but now I'm trying to get the Test branch to fire off a different set of tasks using the branch-overrides clause. I'm having trouble getting the plan to trigger these overridden blocks.

I've been experimenting with the branches statement and lately, the create plan branch function on the Plan branches page. When I create a branch I feel like it's assuming the branch is going onto my buildplan repository rather than my code repository.

The statement in the help file suggests that I can do something about specifying a default repository, but it doesn't go into detail, nor are there samples 

1 answer

1 vote
Alexey Chystoprudov
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2022

Default repository is first repository at plan's repositories list. Default repository is used for plan branches creation.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events