Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Bamboo Specs BitbucketServerRepository and SSH Keys

I'm trying to create a build plan using Bamboo Java Specs using the stored specs feature storing the specs in my Bitbucket Server repo (our Bitbucket Server and Bamboo instances are linked correctly). I have got Bamboo picking up the specs file but it fails with this exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: 
com.atlassian.bamboo.specs.api.exceptions.PropertiesValidationException: Clone url or ssh key pair is not valid

My plan looks something like this:

new Plan(project(), "name", "key")
.planRepositories(new BitbucketServerRepository()
.name(PROJECTNAME)
.oid(new BambooOid(BAMBOOOID))
.repositoryViewer(new BitbucketServerRepositoryViewer())
.server(new ApplicationLink()
.name("Bitbucket")
.id(BITBUCKETSERVERID))
.projectKey(PROJECTKEY)
.repositorySlug(REPOSLUG)
.sshPublicKey(PUBLICKEY)
.sshPrivateKey(PRIVATEKEY)
.sshCloneUrl(CLONEURL)
.branch("main")
.remoteAgentCacheEnabled(false)
.fetchWholeRepository(true)
.changeDetection(new VcsChangeDetection())
)

I initially just tried using the public key and private key from an existing build we created in the UI, but it was always a long-shot and didn't work. From reading this page on the API - https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs/6.5.0/com/atlassian/bamboo/specs/builders/repository/bitbucket/server/BitbucketServerRepository.html - it seems like I need to specify these rather than letting Bamboo create its own.

So my question is, do I need to create a user in Bitbucket for Bamboo (using one of our Bitbucket licences) and then generate SSH keys on the Bamboo host as if it were a normal user and use these or am I missing something here?

1 answer

Update: I've managed to get the repo public SSH key (created by bamboo creating the linked repository), but I'm not sure where the Bamboo private key is

Update 2: created a private SSH key for the account running Bamboo on the box its hosted on. Put that into the spec file along with the public access key for the repo and still getting 

Clone url or ssh key pair is not valid

Running out of ideas fast

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Bamboo

Bamboo 7.1 is here and is packed with value!

I'm happy to announce that Bamboo 7.1 has been released and it’s overflowing with awesome new features. Top-voted issues First and foremost, a bunch of JAC top voted issues has been delivered - y...

670 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you