Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Specify user to run script

Allan Libby June 10, 2019

We are trying to run a powershell script within a Bamboo plan and would like to specify which user to run it as.  We set up an AD user with permissions to 2 network folders so we can promote code from dev to prod.  We need this user to be the one that runs the script instead of the bamboo user.

Is this doable within Bamboo, or with a plugin?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Allan Libby June 12, 2019

Since all we really needed was for the script to move a file from one server to another and the user was only for file sharing permissions, we decided to make a service account for Bamboo to run as (I know, probably should have done this to start with) and that fixed this case for us.

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2019

Hi @Allan Libby

I think I clearly understand your need but I have to say that Bamboo does not provide such a feature neither other add-ons, at least not the ones I know. 

What I think you could do it to configure a remote agent to run with a user that has the needed permissions and create a requirement for the job needing this resource to use the specified agent. That will not be a dynamic configuration, but at least should allow you to change environment permissions to a given job.

Please let me know if that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events