Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Service Fails to Start

Shawn Zavoda January 17, 2019

I have a new installation of Bamboo that I am trying to run as a windows service.  Bamboo runs fine from a Console.  I have double checked the JIRA_HOME environment variable.  I am running the service under a new user in local admin group.  When the service attempts to start I get two entries in the even log:

• The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
    to the user DEBUILD\bamboo SID (S-1-5-21-1348916712-370969214-291127314-1004) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.
  • The Atlassian Bamboo Bamboo service terminated with the following service-specific error:
    Incorrect function.

1 answer

0 votes
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Hi @Shawn Zavoda,

When running Bamboo, JIRA_HOME environment variable is not needed - I have double checked the JIRA_HOME environment variable.

The issue you are experiencing seems to be related to permissions, therefore, there are  links available on the internet describing steps to be taken specific to the Windows OS version you are running.

Just as a side note, when running Atlassian products as a Windows Service, please make sure of running the service as a Local User as described in Running Bamboo as a Windows service as the local user documentation.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Shawn Zavoda January 21, 2019

Hi - 

As I mentioned in the original post, I am running the service as a local admin.  I have also tried running as myself - the same account that the console startup works with. 

Is there any way to see what specific permissions are failing?

Shawn

Shawn Zavoda January 21, 2019

I just used Sysinternals to monitor all processes while I was trying to start the service.  I was not able to see anything glaring, but I will save the log of entries in case there is something specific you think I should search for.

Shawn

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events