Bamboo Server 6.2.2 SSH & SCP fail to connect most of the time Edited

Hi,

I have 2 SSH and one SCP task in my deployment plan, all connecting to a server TJiraHost.ac.local on the local network using port 22. 

These tasks seem to fail 99% of the time and then occasionally they succeed.

Whats even more interesting is that whilst this is failing, if I manually SSH using putty from the box on which the Bamboo server is running to TJiraHost.ac.local on port 22 (using the same login details) the putty connection succeeds - every time.

Therefore, I know the hostname, port, username and password are correct, but I cannot figure out why Bamboo fails whilst putty succeeds.

At first I thought it may be related to the keep alive so I set this to 5s for each task and still faced the same issue.

Just for completeness, TJiraHost is running CentOS and the Bamboo server is a Windows server.  

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

This ended up being purely a network based error.

Essentially, the builds were occurring 99% of the time on a remote agent, from which the SSH connections would also then be attempted. However, this remote agent was not able to see the deployment server due to subnet issues.

The other 1% of the time the SSH connections were made on the local agent (the machine from which I successfully tried SSH using putty). This local agent was able to see the deployment server as it had visibility of both of our subnets. This meant in these 1% of deployments the SSH tasks passed without issue.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

413 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you