Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Server 5.14 failing to connect to Bitbucket Cloud repositories

Deleted user May 31, 2019

We're using Bamboo Server 5.14. As of today, May 30th 2019, any repositories configured to use the "Bitbucket Cloud" repository type are failing to connect to Bitbucket. Hitting the "Test Connection" button results in this error message:

"We couldn't connect to the repository. The details you provided were invalid."

This happens regardless of whether I attempt to use SSH or username/password to connect. I confirmed that username/password is valid.

What might be causing this?

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Atlassian Community.

The Bitbucket Cloud REST APIs were recently updated to comply with GDPR privacy regulations. Part of these updates removed a variable containing information that Bamboo expects in the JSON response from Bitbucket.

This change resulted in the creation and editing of Linked repositories of type “Bitbucket Cloud” failing with 401 (Unauthorized) exceptions. You may see an “Invalid username” error message in the Bamboo UI, errors in the logs, or issues with the repository lists populating.

As a workaround, we recommend creating Linked repositories of type Git or Mercurial to connect to your Bitbucket Cloud repositories.

For more information, please follow our public bug report:

We have been working with the Bamboo developers to create a hotfix for this issue, which we expect will be ready next week.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Elias Zeidan
Developer Tools Senior Support | Atlassian | Austin, TX 

Deleted user May 31, 2019

Thanks, Elias. 

Will the hotfix be applied on the Bitbucket Cloud REST APIs or as an update to Bamboo? Trying to understand if our Bamboo 5.14 (which is way past EOL) instance will start working once the hotfix is available.

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Thanks for your question!

The fix will be for Bamboo, and may be released as a patch version, such as 6.8.3 or 6.9.1 – version numbers still to be determined.

If that is the case, you would need to upgrade your instance to the fixed version. Please watch BAM-20455 for more information from our developers.

I hope that helps. 

Cheers,
Elias

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
July 15, 2020

The issue you face has already been identified and fixed in the Bamboo versions 6.10.6 and 7.0.3 and above.

More details on this can be found in this article.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
Jey

0 votes
Tommy van Extel July 15, 2020

Did you manage to solve this?

Nate Pink July 15, 2020

I switched all the repos over to straight git repos.  Or upgrade to the latest version of bamboo.

Like Tommy van Extel likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events