Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo | Selenium | Tests with TestNg @Test are getting skipped on execution

rahul rana December 16, 2019

Hi,

I have configured a Maven.3 Job in Bamboo and facing issue when executing mvn clean test-

All the @techoneway are getting skipped.

Only @BeforeClass, @BeforeSuite, @AfterClass, @AfterSuite are getting executed properly.

Am i Missing anything here ? :|

Kindly help.

Regards,

Rahul Rana

2 answers

0 votes
Cristiano Mariano
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 1, 2020

Hi! How are you doing?

I had some issues like that and they were related to naming conventions.

I had to change method names to start with test (e.g. testMethodX).

Another thing to look would be the name of the test classes. According to surefire (that is called by maven to run the tests) documentation:

By default, the Surefire Plugin will automatically include all test classes with the following wildcard patterns:

• "**/Test*.java" - includes all of its subdirectories and all java filenames that start with "Test".
  • "**/*Test.java" - includes all of its subdirectories and all java filenames that end with "Test".
  • "**/*TestCase.java" - includes all of its subdirectories and all java filenames that end with "TestCase".

At last I would check whether test methods are public.

Hope this helps!

0 votes
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 19, 2019

Hi @rahul rana

The Maven task a wrapper that will call mvn with the parameters provided there.

Would you mind checking if this problem is still happening when you run mvn from the terminal?
What I'm trying to achieve with the above question is to isolate the problem identifying where the source of it is located. Let see if a similar behavior will happen.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events