Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo SCP task fails with "EOF while expecting response to protocol message"

Vlad Vasylevskyi August 28, 2018

Hi everyone, 

I've configured an SCP deployment task in Bamboo but it fails to upload any of the files with error 

Failed to upload C:\Metsystems\SCP test, EOF while expecting response to protocol message

Using scp through the command line works perfectly fine for copying files across to the target server. Did anyone encounter this issue? Some pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

scp.jpgUpdate: 
If I put something like scp in the Remote Path field, the task will create a folder called 'scp' (with single quotes in the name) in the "user" folder of the user selected as authentication credential in the scp job and proceed with properly uploading the artifacts to the target server. Putting a complete path as per screenshot (i.e. C;\something\something) will lead back to the described issue.

1 answer

1 vote
Gabriel Ribeiro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2018

Hi Vlad,

What SSH Server are you using? I experienced a very similar behavior using OpenSSH on the server end.

There is an open suggestion ticket where we are discussing this subject:

Could you please switch to Cygwin or MobaSSH and let us know if the behavior remains the same?

thanks. 

Vlad Vasylevskyi September 6, 2018

Hi Gabriel, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I've set it up using OpenSSH. I'll try the alternatives and let you know how it goes.

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events