Bamboo SCP Task failing to upload to Windows Server

Gagan Jaura October 11, 2017

My Bamboo is configured on Linux Server and I am trying to upload files(Artifacts) to Windows server using Bamboo's inbuilt task "SCP Task". This is task is configured in deployment project which will run after a successful build.

In SCP Task, I have correctly entered the Host IP Address, Password and Remote path.

The default port is connecting to is 22. I have also opened the port 22 on windows server as TCP and currently allowing all connection.

When I run my deployment the following error is thrown "Server closed connection during identification exchange".

Failed to connect to host
net.schmizz.sshj.transport.TransportException: Server closed connection during identification exchange
at net.schmizz.sshj.transport.TransportImpl.init(TransportImpl.java:170)
at net.schmizz.sshj.SSHClient.onConnect(SSHClient.java:683)
at net.schmizz.sshj.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:54)
at net.schmizz.sshj.SocketClient.connect(SocketClient.java:80)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scp.ScpTask.execute(ScpTask.java:264)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scp.ScpTask.run(ScpTask.java:127)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.scp.ScpTask.execute(ScpTask.java:112)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.lambda$executeTasks$123(TaskExecutorImpl.java:265)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.executeTaskWithPrePostActions(TaskExecutorImpl.java:202)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.executeTasks(TaskExecutorImpl.java:265)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.task.TaskExecutorImpl.execute(TaskExecutorImpl.java:108)
at com.atlassian.bamboo.build.pipeline.tasks.ExecuteBuildTask.call(ExecuteBuildTask.java:74)

Any Suggestions? Am I missing something?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2017

Hi Gagan,

• What version of Bamboo are you using?
  • What path are you using and does it start with \?
  • What ssh server are you running on Windows?
  • Do you have a firewall and if so does disabling it help?
  • Do you see any logs on the Windows side?

I would check the logs on the Windows side and enable debugging if possible.  In addition, enable debug logging in Bamboo:

log4j.logger.net.schmizz.sshj = DEBUG to Bamboo log4j 

Reproduce the issue and post and relevant logs here.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events