Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Remote Agent Cleanup of build-dir

SG November 10, 2022

Hi

Bamboo remote agents do not cleanup after themselves, no matter what cleanup jobs are enabled on the bamboo server. The directory

\xml-data\build-dir

just keeps growing until someone manually deletes old files.

What settings are required for bamboo to cleanup on the remote agents, the same way it does on the server itself? I found some very old feature requests and answers but I don't believe they are representing the current state.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2022

Hello @SG

To clean up the build folder after each build you can:

• Plan Configuration -> Other -> Clean working directory after each build

Or, if you prefer cleaning the build folder before each build:

• Plan Configuration -> Job -> Add task -> Clean working directory task (as the first task on the first Job)

Or you can even set both, just in case.

Kind regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

SG November 11, 2022

Hello Eduardo

Thanks, but shouldn't this data be cleaned up according to the expiry plan? We build on the bamboo server itself and on a remote agent and this build-up of data only happens on the remote agent. I would prefer setting a global expiry instead of adjusting each build plan. 

Kind Regards

SG

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 11, 2022

Hello @SG

Build expiry will only purge artifacts and logs created by Bamboo during the build.

Other files that are created as part of the build process are not controlled by Bamboo and are left in their locations so developers can investigate issues if necessary. This is by design.

Regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

SG November 11, 2022

Hello @Eduardo Alvarenga 

Thanks for explaining!

Like Eduardo Alvarenga likes this
1 vote
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

There is a setting you can enable in each build to clean the directory after the build. It's called something like: "clean working directory after build"

I do not have access to a Bamboo instance myselfy immediately but that's how I did it for years.

An alternatvive is to schedule a cronjob at times where you're sure nothing will be running.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events