Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo REST API to create projects and plans

turbothq October 30, 2017

Hi,

We are using Bamboo for CI and need to be able to create projects and plans via the REST API.

I've looked in the network inspector at what the UI does when you add a project etc, but this doesn't really look like APIs we could consume from our application code like we do with the other REST APIs? (e.g. Project permissions).

It is important for us to be able to create at the very least projects from the REST API, which will then enable us to put the relevant permissions in place afterwards. The same would then apply for creating an empty plan, so we can set permissions afterwards too.

If this is a feature gap, please can you let me know how we can get this added?

Thanks,
Mike.

1 answer

0 votes
robhit
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2017

How about using the Bamboo Specs - https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/bamboo-specs-reference-documentation-894743916.html

You can create projects:

Project project = new Project()
    .key("PROA")
    .name("Project A")
    .description("My Project A with all A-plans");

Plans:

Plan plan = new Plan(project, "My Plan One", "PLAN1")
    .description("This is an example of a plan")
    .enabled(true)
    .stages(stage1)
    .triggers(scheduledTrigger)
    .planBranchManagement(planBranchManagement)
    .dependencies(planDependencies)
    .linkedRepositories(myGitRepo)
    .planRepositories(myBitbucketRepo)
    .variables(var1, var2);

and much more - 

https://docs.atlassian.com/bamboo-specs-docs/latest/?_ga=2.202545809.1097554965.1509347688-344968178.1499334213&_gac=1.219536747.1506322208.Cj0KCQjwr53OBRCDARIsAL0vKrMsZdNdwU89ZnxFQaUurupEgB96hH2PiJWJQc99pNOZvFh2x4DMCqUaAkfsEALw_wcB#introduction

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events