Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo PlanName from feature branch

Marais van Zyl September 24, 2019

Bamboo offers the variable bamboo_planname to see what the name of the plan is that is being built. This works great however when we are building a feature/branch-name branch, the plan name is not the name of the plan anymore, but in fact feature-branch-name.

How can I easily get the plan name or log a bug ticket for Atlassian to fix this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Hi @Marais van Zyl

I was checking our bug report system and found this one: [BAM-17810] shortPlanName contains branch name for plan branches, released 9 days before this message (Bamboo Release Notes - 6.10).

I'm not sure if we are on the same page, but the problem seems to be with the variable shortPlanName not with the planName. In case I'm wrong, please share your Bamboo version to allow us to check this.

In my tests this is what I get in Bamboo 6.9.2 (Bamboo variables):

|branch \ variable|bamboo.planName                    |bamboo.shortPlanName|
|master(default) |Project Name - Plan Name | Plan Name |
|branch |Project Name - Plan Name - branch | branch |

For me, the problem seems to be that short plan name is not returning the plan name, but the branch name. 

Please let me know if that makes sense.

Marais van Zyl September 26, 2019

Yes sorry I meant shortPlanName. I'm really delighted to see that Bamboo 6.10 contains a fix for this. It will make things a lot easier going forward!

Thanks for fixing this!

Like Daniel Santos likes this
Daniel Santos
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

You are welcome!
I'm glad to be the one delivering this news to you.
Have a good one!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events