Bamboo NUnit System.InvalidOperationException

I'm trying to get Bamboo to Run NUnit tests.  I'm currently getting this error.  I've tried giving the task my sln, my csproj, I even added a step before hand to build the solution, and tried giving the NUnit task the compiled dll, they all resulted in below.  It's pretty much an empty NUnit test project, that has a single test that asserts 1 = 1.

And idea on what to try next?

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.ShowCore(IWin32Window owner, String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, MessageBoxOptions options, Boolean showHelp)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show(String text, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at NUnit.UiKit.MessageDisplay.Error(String message)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at NUnit.Gui.AppEntry.Main(String[] args)
error	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	   at NUnit.Gui.Class1.Main(String[] args)
simple	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	Parsing test results under C:\Atlassian\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\AW-ACC-JOB1...
simple	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	Failing task since return code of [C:\Program Files (x86)\NUnit 2.6.3\bin\nunit.exe client/C:\Atlassian\bamboo-home\xml-data\build-dir\AW-ACC-JOB1\client\ABlight.Client.Test\ABlight.Client.Test\bin\Debug\ABlight.Client.Test.dll -xml=TestResult.xml] was -532459699 while expected 0
simple	09-Nov-2014 15:43:15	Finished task 'Run Client NUnit Tests' with result: Failed

1 answer

1 accepted

Incase anyone runs against this problem, I had a small error in the file path to the DLL.  However, the big problem is is I was using NUnit.exe instead of NUnit-console.exe  Once I changed that it worked.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 18, 2017 in Bamboo

FAQ: How to Upgrade Bamboo Server

Bamboo 5.9 will no longer be supported after June 12, 2017. What does this mean? As part of our End of Life policy, Atlassian supports major versions for two years after the first major iteratio...

1,794 views 0 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you