Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo MSBuils task - Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" was not found

suseela kaiwar September 19, 2017

my MSbuild task for .Net is keep on failing with below error for all the projects

Microsoft.WebApplication.targets" was not found, I'm not finding any solved solutions on line with bamboo MSBuild setup. Need help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2017

With the little information you have provided, I just googled the error and found this post. Did you follow the steps mentioned there?

Can you please try to run the same project from the command line of your EC2 instance (from the same directory where Bamboo tries to run your project) using the same user that runs the elastic agent. If you get the same error running your project from command line (without Bamboo) then the problem is not really related to Bamboo.

if it works fine from command line, check the following

• if the path you have given in Project File field is enclosed in double quotes (")
  • Check if you are running as the same user and with the same environment variables. Compare the environment variables of both command line and Bamboo by running the command "SET" (using a script task before MSBuild task) and spot the difference and fix it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events