Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Linked repository - Test Connection not working

ncapp May 11, 2020

Hi,

I've installed Bamboo v7.0.3 on Windows 10, running as a listener on http://localhost:8085

I am trying to set up a Linked Repository to Bitbucket Cloud using SSH authentication. I think I've entered the correct Bitbucket user/password & SSH private key/passphrase.

I get "We couldn't connect to the repository. The details you provided were invalid".

I looked in atlassian-bamboo.log

At first I found message "java.nio.file.FileAlreadyExistsException: C:\Bamboo\temp\bamboo-ssh.41538fd5.bat"

So I removed that file, and again tried "Test connection".

Now there is a log message "java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Bamboo\temp\bamboo-ssh.41538fd5.bat (Access is denied)". But the file is there again?

Help appreciated, I'm getting stuck on this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2020

Hi @ncapp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into issues creating and testing a Bitbucket Cloud repository.

Given the "Access is denied" message, it seems like this may be related to the user that Bamboo is running as.

If Bamboo is running as a Service, is the Service running as a local user?

There was recently a Tomcat upgrade that included a change to the default user for Services from Local System to Local Service, which has restricted permissions. Can you try running the Service as a local user? It is our recommendation that the local user have Full Control over the Bamboo Home and Bamboo Install directories and included files.

If Bamboo is running as a process (from the console batch script), does the user running Bamboo have full control over the Bamboo Home and Bamboo Install directories?

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Cheers,

Elias | Bamboo Support

ncapp May 17, 2020

thanks for your reply Elias.

I did a full uninstall.

Before reinstalling I made sure that the home directory and install directory pre-existed, and had Full Control permission for the user running Bamboo.

Then I reinstalled Bamboo and I was able to connect to Bitbucket, "Test connection successful".

I did have a smaller issue with a plugin spitting out an error, but I fixed that by referring to this answer: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamkb/unable-to-compile-soy-template-in-plugin-module-830283556.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events