Bamboo License Migration from one server to another server

Manas Dodya November 7, 2016

Hi,

I have purchased license of Bamboo server for a machine A.
I have another bamboo server running on different machine B with evaluation license.

How can I migrate license of server A to server B and discontinue using paid license for server A ?
Can I interchange License between machine A and B by changing respective server-id's ?

Thanks,
Manas Dodya

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 8, 2016

Hi Manas,

There is no need to update the Server ID. The license was issued to a my.atlassian.com account, you can retrieve the license from there and enter it into machine B (see Updating your Bamboo license details). Once that's done and machine B is in production, you can decommission machine A.

Cheers,

Jim

Manas Dodya November 8, 2016

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your reply. That is really helpful.
But I have one issue, In my case, Machine A and Machine B are having license issued by different Atlassian accounts, that will cause an issue in migration, right ?

We have installed Machine B server for redesigning production purpose, now since we are stable with the Machine B, we don't want to loose the existing plans from Machine B and we just wish to move license of Machine A to Machine B. Is that possible ?

Thanks,
Manas Dodya

Jim C_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2016

Hi Manas,

Machine A and Machine B are having license issued by different Atlassian accounts, that will cause an issue in migration, right ?

It doesn't matter, a license can be issued to one or more than one my.atlassian.com account. The license isn't tied to a single account nor a single Bamboo instance. So, you can enter the license in machine B without issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events