Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo LDAP Cache refreshness

Build Management Services March 19, 2018

Hi,

I followed the below link to enable LDAP cache for our Bamboo Stage application.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo0515/configuring-the-caching-of-your-ldap-repository-894237982.html

After Bamboo application is started, we tried to add a user to be part of one of the LDAP group.

But even after sufficient period of time, I couldn't get the user being authenticated with right set of permissions in Bamboo application.

May I know, if there needs to be any additional setting to get the LDAP cache refreshed and work as expected?

Chitra

1 answer

0 votes
Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2018

Hi,

When you say that the newly created users are not able to login, do you see that user being listed under Users section in Bamboo?

The way how it works is that once you activate LDAP authentication, you cannot manage LDAP accounts or user groups from Bamboo. All the authentication requests are routed to LDAP and Bamboo just validates the request to login. Bamboo will, however, continue to use local users and groups, even when LDAP is enabled. 

Can you check the order of your user repositories in <Bamboo Home Directory>/xml-data/configuration/atlassian-user.xml? It should be the LDAP repo first followed by the hibernate repo.

Build Management Services April 9, 2018

Hi Jeyanthan,

I figured out that I had typo issue in the xml and thus had login issue for the users to get synced up from LDAP.

I could get the LDAP user/group sync working.

Thanks for your reply.

Chitra

Jeyanthan I
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2018

Glad to hear that you sorted it out. Thanks for acknowledging here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events