Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Java specs - local .m2 repository

Deleted user December 23, 2019

Hey,

I'm trying to create some shared libraries for Bamboo Specs, I install this package in the bamboo server using mvn install and added in the bamboo specs dependencies.
but when bamboo try scan the repo he spin up a Docker image and run the mvn processes, because he does that he don't use my local .m2 and don't find my package.

If everything work well I will add this package in a private repository, how do bamboo ready dependencies from local .m2 or private repository?

<dependencies>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo</groupId>
<artifactId>bamboo-specs-api</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.atlassian.bamboo</groupId>
<artifactId>bamboo-specs</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>com.magic</groupId>
<artifactId>magic-specs</artifactId>
<version>0.0.1</version>
</dependency>
</dependencies>

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Bamboo comes bundled with Maven due to Bamboo Java Specs and you can find the directory under BAMBOO_INSTALL/tools/maven

"...when bamboo try scan the repo he spin up a Docker image and run the mvn processes..."

It is running on Docker because under Bamboo administration >> Security >> Security Settings >> Security and permission >> Repository Stored Specs security settings (/admin/viewSecurity.action) you may have Process Bamboo Specs in Docker selected.

If you want to have your custom dependencies available to your Java Specs, then you could edit BAMBOO_INSTALL/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-specs-pom.xml

Regarding on the Docker Image used by Bamboo, it seems to make use of https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/bamboo-specs-runner, however, it does not seem to provide with a way to mount a volume. Therefore, you should be running Bamboo Java Specs against Bamboo Server instead.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2020

Hi @[deleted] ,

If you are running Bamboo v6.9 or above, you have under Bamboo administration >> Security >> Security Settings >> Security and permission >> Repository Stored Specs security settings >> Process Bamboo Specs in Docker the option of:

• defining your own Docker Image for Repository Stored Specs (RSS).
  • (Location directory) Use an external Maven configuration directory

Screenshot 2020-01-03 at 11.44.17.png

Kind regards,
Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events