Bamboo/JIRA - Apache Tomcat version not displayed even after changing the "tomcat.exe" files under /bin folder

Hi
We have recently upgraded our Bamboo[5.8.1] & JIRA[6.3.11] instances to the GA versions on Windows 2012 Server in our environment. We have observed that the version of tomcat bundled by default is 7.0.40. We would like to upgrade the tomcat version to the latest version as suggested in some forums in order to fix some security issues reported in the integrity checks. We have tried downloading the latest version available from Apache website i.e. "7.0.64" and replaced the "tomcat7.exe" & "tomcat7w.exe" files with the latest ones.
However when we tried rebooting the instance it was still showing the version as 7.0.40 we then tried replacing the tomcat file with version 6 even then we did not see a change in the version.
Kindly suggest how we can accomplish this since this has an impact on our production system upgrade.

Thanks in advance
--Sravan 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I suggest upgrading to the latest Bamboo. You will not be able to upgrade .40 to anything above .52 because of changes in Tomcat jar packaging.

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Sravan,

It is not possible to change Tomcat by replacing those files only.

You will need to:

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

200 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you