Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Inline psexec Script Task Fails b/c Return Code

Aron Hansson December 10, 2019

I have a task in a a build plan that is failing because the return code is not zero. 

The task itself is psexec command that kicks off batch file on a remote server. 

```C:\Tools\PSTools\psexec -accepteula \\x.x.x.x -u LOADUI\jmeter -p xxxxxxx -s -d c:\jmeter.bat```

It looks like it is returning the PID of the psexec command into Bamboo and failing the task since it is expecting 0 as the result. 

The error message is: 

Failing task since return code of [C:\Users\Bamboo\bamboo-agent-home\temp\RXS-RXWAPI6-JOB1-457-ScriptBuildTask-330809019821038145.bat] was 13572 while expected 0

How can I fix this?

1 answer

0 votes
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 11, 2019

Hi @Aron Hansson,

Looking at the command you are running I'm going to assume that you are running this on Windows.  Are you using the cmd or Powershell interpreter?  What you can do either way is wrap the psexec command in a script (that you either check into the repo or reference externally, and modify the script task to call that script.  that way you have a bit more control over how the execution of the script exits.

I hope that helps!

-Jimmy 

Aron Hansson December 12, 2019

Hi Jimmy, 

Thanks for the help. That's right, it's running on a Windows agent that connects to a remote Windows server with psexec to kick off a load test. 

I was using the cmd interpreter in the task. If I wrap the command, how can I then manipulate the return code to have it pass the task? 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019

Hi @Aron Hansson,

What we normally do is put the command we want to execute into at try/catch

and then if we hit an exception while running the command.  We throw an error that will exit the script with an non-zero status.

-Jimmy

Like William likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events