Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo Error when trying to access build plan after upgrade of database and bamboo.

Chad DeShaw December 14, 2017

Unknown cipher error, I can't publish the logs here to long, can someone please elevate this?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi Chad,

• What OS are you using?

Can you post the top few lines of the beginning of the error and a Caused By statement or two if you can find one.  Since I haven't seen any logs yet, there is an article titled Unknown cipher data id 0 when performing certain actions in Bamboo on Windows after switching Bamboo to run as a Service that you can check out to see if that is the error and the solution to what you're experiencing.

Let me know if that helps and if not, provide the snippets and we'll go from there.

Cheers,

Branden

Chad DeShaw December 15, 2017

That was it, I can now access the build plan and edit it, but now I have a new issue with Bamboo and authetication to my repositories, unable to detect changes error and it says I should try and save the repo again but that is not working.

I see this when trying to save the repo:

Bamboo was unable to verify connection to this repository. It might have been moved, deleted, or the current SSH key was revoked on Bitbucket Server. Click Save repository at the bottom of this screen to attempt to re-establish access to this repository.

I looked at this ticket and SSH is still enabled on the Bitbucket side like it should be,  I have permissions to the repo and project, but when I try to save the repo same error, I have no idea why it is not saving.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2017

Hi Chad,

Take a look at the below information and verify your settings:

• Ensure that the branch has not been removed from the source repository. Please navigate to the Plan branch configuration in Bamboo and inside the Source Repository tab take note of the branch associated to the Plan branch. Access Bitbucket Server (PKA Stash) and confirm that the branch exists there.
  • If the branch exists in the source repository, this might be related to Bamboo not being able to authenticate to Bitbucket Server (PKA Stash), as per the SSH keys section above. In this case, please re-save the repository definition inside the plan branch configuration in Bamboo and check if the "Unable to detect changes" errors will go away for that particular branch. Once you re-save the configuration, new SSH keys will be generated with your user, so Bamboo should be able to authenticate to Bitbucket Server (PKA Stash) to look for changes in that particular branch going forward.

• Please bear in mind that if you re-save the repository configuration at the global level ("Bamboo administration >> Build resources >> Linked repositories") or even at the Plan level ("Plan configuration >> Repositories") this will not affect the plan branch repository definition. You must access the plan branch repository definition to save the configuration. In case you're having problems to run the main branch of the Plan, then you can access ("Plan configuration >> Repositories" or "Bamboo administration >> Build resources >> Linked repositories") to re-save the repository definition.

Let me know if you're still running into issues afterwards.

Cheers,

Branden

I am still seeing the same issue, should I delete my key from Bitbucket and then try resaving?

com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.repository.StashRepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.repository.RepositoryException: com.atlassian.bamboo.executor.CancelException: Command was canceled: command 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd\git.exe' version failed with code -1. Working directory was [\].
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plugins.stash.v2.BitbucketServerChangeDetector.collectChangesSinceRevision(BitbucketServerChangeDetector.java:30)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectionChangesWithRetry(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:477)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.lambda$createBuildRepositoryChanges$1(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:378)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.variable.CustomVariableContextImpl.withVariableSubstitutor(CustomVariableContextImpl.java:185)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceLastBuildInternal(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:340)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:286)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectChangesSinceRevisions(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:195)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.DefaultChangeDetectionManager.collectAllChangesSinceLastBuild(DefaultChangeDetectionManager.java:153)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.v2.trigger.ManualBuildDetectionAction.performDelayedChangeDetection(ManualBuildDetectionAction.java:154)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl$1.getChainState(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:240)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.tryStartChainState(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:315)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.chains.ChainExecutionManagerImpl.delayedStart(ChainExecutionManagerImpl.java:232)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:333)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
	at org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:213)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy193.delayedStart(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:333)
	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy193.delayedStart(Unknown Source)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.plan.PlanExecutionManagerImpl$1$1$1.lambda$call$0(PlanExecutionManagerImpl.java:374)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness$3.call(CacheAwareness.java:136)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness$3.call(CacheAwareness.java:133)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.withValuesOlderThanTimestampReloaded(CacheAwareness.java:162)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.withValuesOlderThanTimestampReloaded(CacheAwareness.java:133)
	at com.atlassian.bamboo.util.CacheAwareness.withValuesOlderThanTimestampReloaded(CacheAwareness.java:187)

Git Version is 2.15.1.windows.2

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2017

Thanks for that info Chad.  Are you using a dedicated Bamboo user and if so does that user have permissions in the project on the BitBucket side?

Let me know and if that all checks out we may need to create a support ticket for you so the team can review the logs further.

I am not sure what you mean by dedicated bamboo user, Do you mean am I running the Bamboo service as a dedicated user? I am running the bamboo service as a local user on the server that bamboo is installed on.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2017

Hello Chad,

command 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd\git.exe' version failed with code -1.

Could you please confirm the Git path above (C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd\git.exe) is valid under the Windows agent where the build is being triggered? If not, please update Git path as capability for the Bamboo agent.

As Branden mentioned, it would be preferable troubleshooting over a support case instead of Atlassian Community.

Cheers,

Rafael

The path is wrong it is the 64 bit version of git installed, where do I update this path?

If you want to take this off the forum I can post more logs, I can mark the first answer as correct since it did solve my original problem.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2017

Hello Chad,

but I still have errors.

Which are? Please, raise a support case on https://support.atlassian.com

It was a permissions error to creating the ssh file in Bamboo/Temp, I had to give the local account that the bamboo service is running under permissions. to the bamboo install directory. It looks like it is working and building now. BTW- I can't raise a support case with Starter License.

rsperafico
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2017

Hello @Chad DeShaw,

Thank you for your update.

I am glad it is working now.

Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events