Bamboo: Error occurred while saving build results. Reindex failed.

Mark de Bont August 9, 2015

We are running Bamboo 5.9.1. on Windows and get the following error on some jobs :

Error occurred while saving build results. Reindex failed.

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Transaction (Process ID 126) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.
	at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:372)
	at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2894)
	at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2334)
	at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.getNextRow(TdsCore.java:777)
	at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsResultSet.next(JtdsResultSet.java:596)
	at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewProxyResultSet.next(NewProxyResultSet.java:2859)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQuery(Loader.java:825)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.doQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(Loader.java:274)
	at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.loadCollectionBatch(Loader.java:2204)

What is causing this condition?

It's a annoying since we have to manually restart build to resolve this condition. It typically seems to be generated on off the local agents.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark de Bont August 10, 2015

The error message is generated in the build plan. So what typically happens is that the build fails. I go to the related job and the error is shown in the Job Summary. See the attached screenshot. Since I am not creating database transaction, other then running builds, it must be Bamboo itself creating the deadlocks.

image2015-8-11 8:20:17.png

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 10, 2015

Hi, Mark. 

I didn't get if this problem is happening in Bamboo or in the build you're running. That changes things.

If it's a problem in the build, you should check for any database transactions you're creating. Something there is causing a deadlock.

Either way, I found a KB for Confluence with a similar problem. Since it's a Confluence problem, it may not apply to this situation, but may help you better understand the problem.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Database+deadlock+on+Microsoft+SQL+Server

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events